Window film is something widely used these days. These are thin laminated films that are used on glass surfaces in automobiles, boats or also at homes windows,but are mostly used on cars. It makes our windows look frosted. These are made from polyethylene terephthalate. These are installed by professional service companies that offer such services. There one of the main functions is to protect us from harmful UV rays. These are available in various types of patterns. It also gives a unique look to your glass doors.
Benefits of using a window film:
• Upholstery protection: Heat and the UV rays can destroy your upholstery. It can also cause your car or furniture in your house to fade or crack. It prevents 90% of UV rays from entering.
• Keeping cool: With the help of a window film you can keep your house or car cool without the entry of heat. These are useful in the summer months as they prevent 60% of heat from entering. Now you need not to worry about sweating.
• Shatterproof: In case of cars, window film helps from shattering on any object if any unforeseen incident happens. It may protect your life any such situations. Hence it is always advisable to use them on cars.
• Staying healthy: Direct effect of UV rays can be seen on your skin and your body overall. This can even accelerate the ageing process. Increased heat on your skin may even be a cause of skin cancer.
• Better driving: It is very irritating to do drive with the sun directly on your face. Hence it is advisable to get a window film install. It will shield your eyes and prevent glare from all sides. Sometimes it is seen that too much light on your face can be cause for bad driving.
Due to the above benefits, it is gaining popularity today. Let’s see major types of window film:
• Dyed window film: This is the most inexpensive type of window film. It helps block light by adding dye to the film. The dye is applied to the layer next to the adhesive. It observes solar heat to a great extent. When applied to any glass surface it will appear dark.
• Metalized film: This film contains small metal particles that are invisible to the eyes. It gives strength to the glass and is shatter resistant in case of cars. Along with preventing light it also gives a shiny appearance from outside.
• Ceramic film: This highest quality of window film. It contains ceramic particles. It reduces solar heat by 45-50& provides maximum visibility during the day as well as night time. These are both nonconductive and nonmetallic in nature.
These were some types of window film. You can have a detailed discussion with your company about the type that fits your needs.
For more information click on this link Autofolien (car films)